In a singleWeb Interface orders can be entered and transferred to any number of service providers via EDI, Mail or Fax.
HDS Connect® can execute initial calculations (in conjunction with HDS Calculate®) to determine the best priced service provider and to place the order.
A self-learning database of consignee addresses is included as are the interfaces for connecting to the consignor ERP system.
A summary of the features
- Online order entry for many different forwarders or haulage contractors. Depending on the technical circumstances of the logistics provider, the orders are placed via
- E-Mail or
- Automatic determination with multiple providers, of the best-priced service provider during data entry
- Raw data of an order can be entered by the consignor ERP system into HDS Connect® as a “basic order”, which then only has to be augmented by the information relevant for dispatch
- Managing “Track & Trace” information from the forwarder including status reports back to the consignor ERP system
- Creating and printing labels with bar-code for identification of each individual package
- Printing of transfer lists and consignment notes
- Self-learning database of consignee addresses which can additionally be augmented by uploading a list of existing customers in order to speed up and simplify input
- Advance selection of all conventional types of packaging (including taking account of contractually-regulated minimum weights)
- Rapid and prompt flow of information